View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 08:26 PM   #6
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Agreed on the rotation. Once he seemed to settle on that, the confidence and chemistry of the team improved quite a bit. The one player who really needs to start playing better is Jimmy Balderson. He's having an awful Senior campaign and without a true #3 scorer behind Young and Plaisted I don't think BYU makes the NCAA Tourney. Baldy has gotta get back on track instead of pulling a Mark Bigelow.
I am convinced that Balderson is nothing more than a spot up shooter role player who has the ability to slash if the opponent overplays the outside shot. Trying to use him as an athletic wing player demonstrates the challenges BYU faces in basketball -- especially if the system requires athletic wings.

I like Balderson, but the more Lee Cummard becomes the go to guy on the perimeter, the more Balderson can only be a spot shooter the better for the BYU. Jimmy looked so out of place against SDSU.

I optimistically think things are improving, but I wonder if it is too little too late.

However, building upon Lee Cummard and a focused Plaisted, by focussed I mean playing a position he spends the summer working on - the 4, BYU might have some hope for next year. With Rashaun looking more and more out of the picture, hopefully Murdock can be a solid point guard and the experience will be a springboard for him to next year.