View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 09:21 PM   #7
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I am convinced that Balderson is nothing more than a spot up shooter role player who has the ability to slash if the opponent overplays the outside shot. Trying to use him as an athletic wing player demonstrates the challenges BYU faces in basketball -- especially if the system requires athletic wings.

I like Balderson, but the more Lee Cummard becomes the go to guy on the perimeter, the more Balderson can only be a spot shooter the better for the BYU. Jimmy looked so out of place against SDSU.

I optimistically think things are improving, but I wonder if it is too little too late.

However, building upon Lee Cummard and a focused Plaisted, by focussed I mean playing a position he spends the summer working on - the 4, BYU might have some hope for next year. With Rashaun looking more and more out of the picture, hopefully Murdock can be a solid point guard and the experience will be a springboard for him to next year.
Jimmy simply isn't hitting his shots. If he is, BYU is that much better because that's supposed to be his specialty.