View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #11
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
As did hundreds of others.

That Lance never got caught doesn't make him in anyway unusual or less guilty.

Marion Jones was also never caught and used the same explanation as Lance: never had a positive test.

She went to prison.

All the other cyclists who were busted--they competed and cheated many years without being caught.

And now in fact, there is strong evidence that Lance was in fact caught, but that the positive test was made to go away. Including evidence that Lance and Bruyneel met with the lab director (highly unusual). It might be this very situation that lands Lance Armstrong in prison.

In seeing a few cyclists busted here and there, we have only seen the tip of the iceberg.

I don't believe you can make a persuasive argument why this process is justified. As many already note, "meh" is all I can say.

I don't expect athletes at the top to avoid taking risks and pushing the limits of the rules. I really don't. These type of prosecutions are meaningless and harmful to society at large. I wish ill will upon the prosecutor. Apparently you disagree and prefer to see cycling destroyed.

I remain unimpressed Marion Jones went to jail. I don't believe she should have. These sorts of prosecutions do not improve the economy or cause people to be honest. It is a harmful pursuit but there is always a Nazi around willing to win meaningless cases.