View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #14
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you impressed with Lance's character attacks?

One of the events that made a very distinct impression on me was during one of the Lance's TdF wins, there was a rider in the peleton that had cooperated with authorities in reporting doping that led to consequences for other riders (I don't remember the names). This guy was a nobody on the tour, no chance of winning. But everytime he would try to join a breakaway, Lance himself would charge forward to join the breakaway, dooming it. Finally the other breakaway riders were getting pissed at this guy, saying you are screwing things up.

The Versus commentators said Lance was showing who was boss.

Actually Lance was just enforcing his code: anyone that cooperates with authorities in implicating doping by other riders will be frozen out and dealt with harshly. Omerta.

To me, that was the most blatant proof (to that point) that Lance was involved in doping.

And now all reports point to Lance actually initiating, organizing and distributing doping products. Not just a drug user, but a drug peddler.

Lance is a man that has attempted to destroy people who tell the truth. He is scum.

Sure he still has defenders. But quickly their character is revealed as well.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote