View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 01:33 AM   #29
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I was screwing around in the kitchen the other day and made a nice little chicken and pasta dish that cooks up pretty quick.

4 Chicken Breasts
Pasta - I used spaghetti
Handful of Sundried Tomatoes
Handful of kalamata olives
Handful of black olives
Couple of garlic cloves
shake of italian seasoning
Shake or two of olive oil or oil from tomatoes

Take all the ingredients except chicken and pasta and put into a food processor. Hit it a couple of times.

Cook the chicken in a big skillet, using a little olive oil and butter. When the chicken is about a minute or two away from being done, spoon in a little tomato olive mix. Take the chicken out and put in your microwave or oven to retain the heat. While your cooking the chicken, simultaneously boil your pasta and drain. After the chicken is done, put the pasta in the same skillet you used to cook your chicken. Swirl it around a few times and get a nice coating of the oil and chicken drippings on the pasta. If you'd like, you can also throw in the remainder of the tomato-olive mix.

Serve the chicken with the pasta on the side with some feta or parmesan sprinkled on top. Fresh green beans also go well with this dish.
This sounds good.

Question: doesnt the tomato paste mix burn quickly in the heat of the skillet? Is the purpose to blacken the paste and serve on top of chicken, use it to spice the chicken only and do not serve it with meal, or simply to heat it up and remove it quickly and serve with pasta?

I may use your recipe and add some sweet pearl onions to the mix. yum!

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote