View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 07:28 PM   #43
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug
This is all starting to feel very repetitive.

Again, it just comes down to whether or not taking political action to legislatively define what is a family is appropriate or not. You claim that supporting political policies that support the family has long been the policy of the church. Let me ask you this: if that is true, should be support ANY policy that would support the family? Presumably there are a lot of things that could be done to protect families.

Should we imprison adulterers? Why not, if you would say no? What about just making adultery illegal? Should divorce be illegal? Each of these would "protect the family." Point being, legislating our moral issues is a very dangerous game to play.

In terms of explaining how geography fits into defining doctrine, I think we have already gone over that way too much for it to be interesting to anyone.
Nothing here I really don't agree with, especially about this exchange being non-interesting to anyone else (and maybe not even to us; I suspect we both may have a stubborn streak that could use some work).

OTOH, you never did answer my question. ;-)