View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 02:55 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

KC had one of his worst games last night. I don't think anyone can dispute that. Was he the best player on the floor? He should have been. But last night he may have been the 6th best player on the floor. He was 1 for 7 shooting with 5 turnovers, including an inexplicable misconnection with Haws with 1:30 left, where neither player was being challenged.

He wasn't quick enough to get to the rim (thus drawing an offensive foul). Couldn't finish in traffic. And he made a horrible decision to get his 4th foul, really hurting his team.

Bright spots are the 10 assists and the alley-oop dunk. To some degree he may have been affected by the tweaked knee.

But I think that's how he projects to the NBA. Not able to shoot from the outside. Won't be able to get to the rim and finish in the NBA. And will be prone to turnovers against lightning quick defense. Just like we saw last night (though I suspect no one on Ole Miss will play in the NBA).

The argument to go to the NBA is that he is already old. His age is a huge negative, heck, Chad Ford lists that as a weakness on his eval of KC. Being another year older makes his value less. On the other hand, it seems doubtful to me that he would make a squad, as he currently doesn't have a position. He's not going to be a PG. He wouldn't be an above average defender in the NBA. And he can't space the floor due to the lack of range. What position would he play?

I think it is unlikely he will ever play in the NBA. I think he could on the national radar next year if he comes back to BYU. And I do think he will come back. I think this all points to him coming back to BYU and having a great senior year, on a team that will have a better frontline.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote