View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 02:28 PM   #29
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
I think his point was to over-price the seats so those who have the stadium donor status decide not to renew, thus making those seats more available to the regularly-donating public.

Personally, if I were wealthy to the point I felt I had $5,000 expendable income, I would be happy spending $900 on 2nd-row, 50-yard-line tickets. And I'd stand at appropriate times during the game as well. Schedule would be less important to me than winning.
I will agree with you, winning is a priority. If we had a PAC10 schedule and lost every year, attendance would drop.

On the other hand I think the home schedule we have this year won't permit ticket price increases year after year even if we win the MWC and go to the Vegas bowl every year. At least that is what my friends are telling me.

We get together and bitch and still pay up. I may be the lone ranger, but last year I missed my first home game in 30 years. This year I will probably miss 1 or 2. Right now I figure I am paying $125 a ticket for the other 4 games and that is OK with me for now. I had to pony up another $1,700 for the right to buy those tickets and that still is OK with me.

At some point though as I find watching the games at home is OK, I might suspend forking out that money. The hope that we will move onto the big time is why I am. If I thought the status quo is what the future brings, I would suspend the money flow. My kids could probably use the money more.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote