View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 09:51 PM   #42
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
At this point he either isn't listening or is being intentionally obtuse. From where I'm sitting he is successfully antagonizing you. I know, hard to believe.
If it's not a disease, does your health insurance cover it?

If it's not a disease, do you see a doctor for it?

OhioBlue, you are the one challenging conventional wisdom by saying that these things don't matter. That the word "disease" is arbitrary. That, I suppose, we should not teach patients that the word "disease" applies to these conditions.

And please don't descend into your "I'm not going to talk to you because you never change your mind about anything" little rant.

Now if you are saying that YOU don't care if it's a disease or not, and that you are not advocating that others take your view, that's different. I know lots of people who do things and believe things I don't agree with.

And so we come to the point that you are saying "this is my view and I don't care about the distinction" when you in fact began by challenging by "polite company" assertion.

So which is it? That this is your personal view or that this is not a view that is hard to defend among educated people? And if its the latter, maybe you could start by actually stating your case.

Last edited by MikeWaters; 01-30-2007 at 09:54 PM.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote