View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 12:33 AM   #27
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
RC, I agree with junkie. I would have him evaluated by a qualified professional. He's showing some symptoms of adult ADD.

In large measure due to rampant overdiagnosis, ADD is misunderstood by a lot of the general population. I was surprised to read when I was at the medical research foundation that it's an actual physiological disorder, involving suppressed presence of neurotransmitters in the brain. Up until I found out about that, I always kind of assumed ADD was either imaginary or due to bad parenting.

Anyhow, that's neither here nor there. You might have him checked out just because if nothing else, it would rule out one possible cause.
I've wondered about this. I believe they have some programs up on campus so I may check into them. This is a good kid, with good friends, all active, all planning on missions, he doesn't play video games at home, he's respectful to others, he's just can't settle down and get things done.

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote