View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #35
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
If Fisher had stayed, what would he be doing for the Jazz, anyway? Eating into Deron's PT? That is NOT a good option.
Hindering the development of Ronnie Brewer.

I think that is a big reason why Fish wanted out. He knew Williams would be playing 35+ minutes a night, and he was overmatched as a 2-guard trying to guard the Kobe's and T-Macs of the league. And let's be honest... most Jazz fans' beef with him was the fact that he was making something like $7 mil per over the next 3 seasons. You don't pay $7 mil per for a 10 minute a night backup PG, or a guy who is really overmatched as a 2 guard. Most were rightly concerned that having Fisher's K on our roster would hinder us from signing Millsap when his rookie K expires. Now the Jazz look to have two very solid backcourt players for the next few years in Brewer and Williams, and don't have to worry about Fish's ridiculous K. So yes, I do not mind one bit that Fisher is gone. That doesn't mean I can't look at the way that he left and say that IMO it is like something was already in the works when he asked to be let out of his contract. And if that is the case, why would you expect me to respect the man?
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote