View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 03:14 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default softball world series

I caught a little bit on ESPN this afternoon. I was flipping through and saw that A&M was playing. Bob Brock, coach of 3 national championships while at A&M, was my next door neighbor growing up.

I knew that A&M didn't value softball too much because he lived in my neighborhood, and not in Jackie Sherrill's neighborhood. (one of the interesting things about College Station was that though I grew up at the very bottom end of the middle class and lived in a very modest home 1200sqft, Jackie Sherrill lived only 4 blocks away).

Bob was a great guy. His son Steve drove a jacked up toyota 4x4 pickup, which I thought was about the coolest thing in the world.

Anyway, as I was watching A&M today, I had the following thought: A&M recruits based on hitting, fielding, pitching, and looks. And that is not necessarily in order of importance. I've never seen a collection of athletes that good looking. Who says you have to be butch to play softball?

From watching the World Series, I gathered that A&M is finally good for the first time since the Brock halcyon days.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote