View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 08:20 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default vs. Gonzaga tourney final

Just finished watching the game. I don't have time to say much now.

But in reality the results depended on two things:
1) That lady luck would be with the Cougars, that Gonzaga would shoot worse than normal, and BYU would shoot better than normal, all other things being equal. That the ball would bounce BYU's way. You could argue that actually happened for BYU. Nielsen hitting a 3, Andrus hitting a 3, Collinsworth hitting a 3 and shooting better from the perimeter than any of us have ever seen. But Gonzaga didn't have an off night. The shots that should have fallen for them did indeed fall.

2) We were depending heavily, very heavily on the IQ of one player. Corbin Kaufusi. That he could play good defense and not get in foul trouble. Frankly he was awful in that regard. Hello? Bear hugging someone is a foul. Wrapping and grabbing is a foul. He could have been called for more fouls than he was. It looked like he regressed back to pick-up-ball Corbin. It was too much to expect that he could keep it together between the ears, given his lack of poise and experience. He's the only post defender we have. Without him, it's like Gonzaga's front line was lining up for Nathan's hot dog eating contest. Score til you puke.

Boy, I think we just saw the senior-version of KC tonight. His outside shooting. That's going to be fun. I had this moment where I thought the guy rolling on the floor and grabbing his knee was KC. I was "oh no"'ing, and relieved to see it was Halford. Hate for that to happen to anyone, but the person we could not have it happen to was KC.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote