View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 09:06 PM   #37
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
He is holding out a feint hope that Whittingham is Bronco's equal. To admit that Kyle was starting out equal to Bronco or ahead of him makes it difficult to continue to hold out that faint hope. It is a situation where the outcome has been determined so one fills in the blanks. Since BYU was so significantly better in 2006 and since the cause could not be Bronco is a better coach one is left to conclude the success was either due to 1.) BYU's seniors in 2006 but that has been disproven over the past 13 weeks or 2.) Bronco had a head start on Kyle.

In Funks defense has been arguing this angle since the middle of the 2005 season.

I'm not trying to reason that Whittingham is BM's equal, I have stated in this thread that I do believe that BM is the better head coach. The results speak for themselves that BM is better. I doubt that Whittingham will ever be the equal of BM. In fact I'm still not sold on Whittingham as the long term head coach for the Utes, considering his bizarre loyalty to his incompetent buddies.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote