View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 09:31 PM   #23
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
RC, have you tried some sort of a reward system? Money talks you know. And if you offer smaller, but more frequent rewards, you may get results. (Offering a big reward at the end of a term for good grades only works for kids who are already motivated. It's mission impossible for for the rest.)

We do a reward system with our son. He's almost 7, so quite a bit younger, but rewards work for any age. He gets poker chips for good behavior at school, at church, doing his homework in a timely fashion, being kind to his sister, getting his chores done, etc. He can trade in his poker chips for computer time, TV time, trips to Sonic or Blockbuster or even Transformers and other toys when he saves up enough. (We also take away poker chips for bad behavior.) Your son is probably too old for the poker chip system, but you could probably come up with something similar that would appeal to him.
And thus was laid the foundation for his future gambling problem.

Last edited by landpoke; 11-06-2008 at 09:33 PM.
landpoke is offline   Reply With Quote