View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 02:45 PM   #2
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomous viper View Post
I posted this info on that "other " board yesterday with no real reply. I deal with a lot of investors. Several called me yesterday saying that investors got hammered with new laws that go into effect June 13 at 6 p.m. Can anyone on the board that is a mortgage broker confirm?
Investors may no longer finance a home with more than 85% financing. This includes 2nds etc at time of purchase.
The second part was investor may not have more than 4 total real estate loans. It used to be 10. This applies to all freddie mac and fannie mae backed loans.
These 2 changes will further reduce the pool of buyers out there, as investors will not be able to play the game. That will add more negative pressure to the re industry as investors have been a sizeable part of the buyers pool and now they are effectively locked out. Anyone in the business confirm? This will not help the re situation today.
Maybe I'm just looking at this correctly, but it sounds like this should actually be good for the housing market in the long run when the prices return to where they should be and not what investors have driven them up to.

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote