View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 06:29 PM   #2
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...ml?id=13825892

Because a guy is fat and weighs 280, our guys most gain weight to match his size. Even though Karnowski won't sniff the NBA.

Nielsen and "athletic" are two words that should never go together. Yeah, doesn't have the quickness to defend at the 5, so, yeah, he'll be great defending at the 4.
Karnowski isn't NBA talent because he's too slow. However, for 90% of college teams he presents a problem because he's 7-2 and huge. He rebounds well and takes up a lot of space on defense. He can make close shots when he posts up and shoots over guys. As long as the refs let him push people out of the way when he has the ball he is going to be tough to guard in college because most college teams don't have talented size. Talented big guys get snatched up by the NBA almost immediately, so the college game is much different.

But no, I don't think Kaufusi getting fat would make him better. I think he will get better over time. I don't expect Neilson to be more than hopefully a somewhat serviceable backup in the future.

Last edited by BlueK; 03-12-2015 at 06:34 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote