View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 01:22 AM   #10
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...ml?id=13880345

If the other team has to put a lockdown defender on Collinsworth it's because they fear his outside shot which means he's added another element to his game which makes him even better. Normally teams will have KC's guy sag off of him while he's far away from the basket to make it harder for Haws or someone else to come open and receive KC's pass. Moving their best defender to tightly cover KC would mean weaker defenders on the guys KC is trying to get the ball to. This would actually play right into BYU's hands. The poster seems to only understand that KC and Haws are both good players. The problem is the other team's reaction to them is going to be completely different because they fill completely different roles and don't have games that are even remotely similar. he also lacks some key information in assuming our inside play is going to be exactly the same.

Trust me, Kyle Davis is a very good player who will change the makeup of BYU's offensive attack this year. He went 7/11 against BYU last season, scoring almost all of those within 10 feet of the basket. Even if Aytes completely fizzles out, just having Davis in there along with a hopefully improved Kaufusi will change how BYU attacks the defense and make it a little harder to defend us. Just my thoughts. Offense is never really the problem on Rose's teams anyway. I hope our defense becomes at least adequate this year. If it does we should be better next year.

Last edited by BlueK; 03-25-2015 at 03:58 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote