View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 12:09 AM   #47
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I am not basing it on this thread, but rather on the dearth of interesting music discussion, in general. It is more a lament than an attack, though. I would rather talk about bad music than none at all.

Your admission to being lazy about music is exactly the point I am making...and it is likely what led you to bands like evanescence. When you were more serious about music, it is probably less likely that you would have invested time in them, but perhaps no. We all have our guilty pleasures, myself included.

Rock on for playing the guitar. That is a wonderful talent. I am a mediocre guitar player, at best, but enjoy it tremendously. I will play for my kids and we sing songs or primary tunes together. It is a lot of fun. I wish I had your skills, though. I am not being falsely modest, either. I suck. I would make an average rhythm guitarist. Noodling is not in my basket of tricks. Muddy Waters once said that he found it difficult to strum, so I take solace knowing that.
You're disappointed that there isn't more discussion abotu the sort of music that you like? So tell me, what makes 'good' music, in your mind, as opposed to medocre or crappy music? What should we look for? Is it lyrics? Melody? chord progression? The latest way to destroy a guitar in a video? WHat is it I should look for? This is obviously a flip way to ask what is actually intended to be a real quesiton, although I think you are approchin this in a rather elitist sounding way.

As to guitar playing, I have strummed abit here and there, but I wouldnt' want to embarrass myself in the presence of someone who is willing to proclainm publicly that they are an 'accomplished' guitarist. So I won't. Btw, I wish I couldn't strum like Muddy Waters, if you know what I mean.