View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 11:19 PM   #20
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
There are problems in our cities, but it's not illegal immigration. Actually, I've heard repeatedly lately that illegal immigration into the US is modest and actually there is no net increase of illegal immigrants in the US for a long time now. They come and they go. I heard billionaire Trump supporter Peter Theil say this just last night. (He's a billionaire Trump supporter who doesn't believe Trump will keep any of his campaign promises.)

Actually, I have no problem with polite society looking askance at immigration bashing. Without exception, anyone I've ever known (outside of demagoguing politicians) who cares about the immigration issue is a bigot or a loser, pretty much usually both. The demagoguing sure didn't sell in California.
You haven't been impacted by it. Hispanic immigration has reshaped the city of Dallas.

Dallas ISD (schools) is now 70.2% Hispanic, 22.5% African American, 4.9% White.

Of course a wealthy lawyer who has kids in private school is not going to feel any impact. You're not competing for wages, you've not had to pull your kids out of their school and move away. Hispanic immigration is the #1 factor for white flight in this area.

Unfailingly liberal elites who say none of this is an issue have their kids in private schools.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote