Thread: Spam casserole
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 03:03 PM   #32
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
My wife knows that I hate casseroles so we have a good time joking about them. Whenever we go to my MIL's house she cooks a casserole for us made of tater tots, hamburger, processed cheese, sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, etc. It is all I can do to gag it down but my wife keeps giving me that glare that says "you will pretend to like it and keep your mouth shut or you won't get any sex for a month." Yes, ma'am.
My roomate's specialty was a "taco casserole" with ground beef , taco sauce, cream of chicken and cream of mushroom, and topped off with a bag of doritos and lots of cheese. That's a couple days worth of sodium intake right there.

When the missionaries came over for dinner, I used to make them things like gyoza, until Mike told me most missionaries wanted more homey, 'comfort' food. So now I make them this chicken dish made with a sauce of cream of chicken, sour cream, and monterey jack cheese, topped with ritz cracker crumbs. They can't get enough of that.

Oh, and Barbara, thank Flash and the kids for being unwilling guinea pigs in the spam casserole experiment.
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote