View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 07:20 PM   #16
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
This officially gives me an opportunity to hijack this thread. I like Cummard and I think he is a really good player. I would trade anyone on the Utes team, except Nevill, for Cummard without thinking twice.

That being said I light of his NCAA tournament performance, I would like to say I was right about Alex Jensen being a better player as a sophomore. At the end of the year, Alex Jensen was one of the key components on a final four team. Cummard choked in a manner that allowed his team to get beat in the first round, against a team that based on seeding, BYU should have beat.
I'm guessing you didn't watch the game. How many times did you see the Cougs play this year?

I wouldn't exactly say he choked. Cummard hasn't asserted himself offensively on a consistent basis. He had 5 points on 2/4 shooting. He nearly won the game himself in the last minute hitting a huge three, and putting in an amazing put back on a rebound he came from the opposite side of the court. He did get in foul trouble and had his minutes limited, but Rose was on fire that game and deserved to take some of his minutes. That's what happens to role players sometimes. Cummard was third team MWC this year. What was Jensen as a sophomore?

Funk, you're not an idiot, but I don't think you're qualified to comment on BYU sports with as much authority as you do.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote