Thread: Congrats...
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 05:45 PM   #45
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Do gorillas shit in the Amazon? What difference does that make? Did I say I think the Utes have talent? I was only raising possibilities and quoting others who have seen them a lot and have some basketball sense. I doubt the Utes were much available to me this year given the broadcast situation and that I didn't make it to SLC during the season. I have young children, a busy career and am working on becoming the Great American Novelist. I couldn't even work religion into my schedule if I wanted to. This year I have devoted my precious pub/basketball watching time to my auxiliary team, the Georgetown Hoyas, Big East champs by the way. I am not so boorish as to come here and talk about them. After the SUU loss I offered to watch this Utah team if someone would pay me my hourly rate. There were no takers.

By the way, the guy on Utefans who I think knows the most basketball is hoopknowledge and he does not think they are very talented. He is pretty much universally disliked over there. But he speaks intelligently about the team and has been mostly pesimistic. Hoopknowledge was criticizing the recruiting three years ago and all but predicting this outcome. Some people hypothesize he is Kerry Rupp (I think I'm the one who started that). He is at least a close friend of Rupp's and a coach somewhere. Actually, I think Runnutz knows him now that I think about it. Hoopknowledge first showed up on utefans with an ax to grind for Giacoletti after Rupp was passed over for the job. I enjoy his posts, though, when he is not abusing Mr Crimson. He knows his basketball. I hope he doesn't vanish now that Giacoletti got the ax.
How goes the book by the way?

The Hoyas are rocking! I think they have a great shot at winning it all this year. First Big East title since 1989, and they are one of the hottest teams in basketball right now (despite the loss to Syracuse).
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote