View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 12:18 PM   #40
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Black Diamond Bay;123553]I don't agree with that. I don't think you need to know every nitty-gritty detail of every little transgression. But I also don't think there's anything wrong with asking about some of the big ones either. Not because it's a question of worthiness, or forgiveness, but because there are sometimes still consequences for those sins. Who wants to get blindsided by your husband's ex-girlfriend showing up one day with his 6 year old illegit son wanting to collect on child support? It happened to one of my cousins.

QUOTE]

I think it is fairly obvious that if a transgression includes a child, or a disease, that the person would want to disclose that information to a potential spouse because it is a tangible part of that person's life. (Which actually happened in the case I mentioned on forgiveness).

Perhaps I'm not giving "people" enough credit, and maybe there should be some disclosure, but I just don't see what the point of doing that would be, other than "digging up bones."

If someone has repented and moved on from a serious sin, why make them relive it and face new consequences for a sin he or she has already repented for, and been through that very difficult yet rewarding process. Seems excessive to me.