Thread: vs. Wyoming
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 06:09 PM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
1. Tanner's final gift to Hill was to have such a monstrously ugly performance, that we all immediately had to take back every bad thing we said about Hill this season. Wow! Tanner was awful! One of the worst performances I've ever seen by a BYU QB.

2. Serious questions about Ty Detmer's ability to coach an offense are in play.

3. BYU's pass rush. Non-existent. Embarrassing.

4. Jamaal Williams. Doesn't get as much love as he should. Being the all-time best BYU RB and basically winning the game for BYU yesterday. I guess it's probably because he's non-LDS.

5. I scanned the mobile pages for SI and ESPN after the game. Couldn't find mention of the BYU game anywhere. Not a single link. BYU football registers about as much as lacrosse on the national consciousness right now.

6. We are not better than the MWC. We are MWC material.
It was a painful game to watch.

BYU has a long road to improve so that it can compete at a higher level. We don't want BYU competing with the average or below average P5 programs, but the better ones.

Tanner looked awful, despite one month to prepare. At the beginning of the season, I was very doubtful about Ty's jump from high school to college and nothing that occurred this season has allayed my fears.

Subtract Jamaal from the offense, and you have Weber State. There was absolutely nothing in that offense that is worthy of being watched or called a team. I have nothing against the players, but they aren't producing.

The Defensive Line needs a serious talent upgrade.

Mike, we may not see BYU competitive again, as it slides into oblivion. The MWC is simply an untenable financial situation.