View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 04:01 PM   #8
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Does that include your actual score? I thought it was just the report (which is also very telling, to be sure).

Surfah, I would do as tex says and pull your report every now and then. In the past, I have found errors, including:

1. A series of unpaid medical bills for surgeries. I didnt have any surgery or medical bills, so that one was easy to get removed.
2. A late payment for some bank loan.....attributed to me but should have been attritbuted to someone living in Oklahoma. I had never taken out any such loan.
3. Department store charge cards that I never opened.

It is pretty safe to say that the credit agencies are not perfect and need a little help from time to time.
I have a monthly credit monitoring service and I use my one free credit report each year. However, that is just a report and you have to pay for your FICO score.

Interesting to note to is that for different loans or credits FICO scores are adjusted. When you apply for a car loan the sample from which they draw your credit worthiness is different than say a home.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote