View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 03:44 PM   #19
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
As Mike pointed, he offered no aid. You have no idea what it feels like to be buzzed, nicked and hit by reckless drivers. I have had all the same and narrowly escaped death on one occasion, even though I ended up in the ER and hospital, but through the grace of God and a good helmet, I survived.

This is an extremely sensitive issue for cyclists against road-hogging, hell-raising motorists. In Utah, they are a dime a dozen, including beer cans being thrown. To swerve as far over as he did makes me believe it may have been an intentional effort gone awry, i.e., murder.
Maybe he's pulling that from a different article. The one posted by Coach doesn't give any indication one way or the other.

I recognize that it's a sensitive issue. I've seen threads on this before. What is unfortunate is that your (and others') sensitivity has lead you to jump to the absolute worst conclusions without all the data. You're ready to lynch a man who may or may not be guilty of what you accuse him of, simply because others have been guilty.

I know someone who has struck and killed a pedestrian (not a cyclist, acknowledged) entirely by accident. It absolutely devastated her. It's been years and years, and I'm still not entirely sure she's over it. It helped that the family didn't react to her with malice, but facing them was one of the hardest things she ever did.

You people are far too quick to condemn.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote