View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 02:17 PM   #39
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
What I find interesting is you have yet to read the full quote, and that you fail to concede that it is taken out of context. I'll post it, or at least another version again for your reading pleasure:

"Should God speak to you, and ask you to do something that might be in conflict with your duties as president, or should He speak to your prophet who would speak to you, how would you make that decision, how would you handle that?" reporter Natalie Jacobson asks.

Romney laughs and then replies, "Well, I don't recall God speaking to me. I, I don't recall God speaking to anyone since, uh, Moses and the [burning] bush, or perhaps some others, but, but I don't have that frequent of communication."

It's easy for a rational person to concede that he was laughing at the absurdity of the question ... and that he mispoke a little ... but that his point is HE does not have that "frequent of communication". The statement is consistent with other statements made by Romney on Meet The Press if you would go and read the transcript.

I wonder if the reporter behind the ABC news article will respond? I wonder if we will ever get to read a transcript of the interview?
Curse those complete quotes.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote