View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 10:43 PM   #17
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Give me a break, there are so many things that are unsettled and uncertain that I believe no one can really say one way or another on veracity claims.
I disagree. It's inconcievable to me that anyone seemingly as smart as you would consider "unsettled or uncertain" the Book of Mormon's historicity or etiology. Inconcievable. I'm tempted to wonder about what else is going on beyond simple hard headed analysis and common sense. Maybe I'm just narrow minded but I doubt it since I have good company. As we've established, academia doesn't even take these questions seriously. The only thing that gives you a case for uncertainty is nothingness. Vacuousness does not a case make. It's not uncertain, not by well established scientific standards. Did you know there's tons of archeological evidence of Marathon, Thermopylae, and Salamis? (Literally tons and tons in terms of sheer mass.)

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote