View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 12:46 PM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I should comment on Nate Austin as well. His signature play was the key block at the end. But just as important, and perhaps more so was when he drew the offensive foul (#4) on Sabonis.

Oh, and let me complain about Kyle Davis again. I don't understand the sets where we have Davis at the top of the 3. He is not a threat to shoot or assist or dribble from there. You might as well bench him.

First look at Jamal Aytes for me in a while. It's just remarkable to me how unathletic that guy is. He looks fat and out of shape and like he can barely run and jump. He got one nice dump-in pass right at the rim, and he had zero elevation and just completely bricked it in traffic.

I don't get why Rose is dumping scholarships on guys like Aytes. Aytes is listed as 6-6, and I guess is a power forward. A slow, earth-bound, too short power forward. He projects at best as a backup with spare minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if he transfers or loses his scholarship. The only thing I can think might change this is if he is just grossly out of shape and slow because of injury. But it doesn't appear that way to me. He doesn't like an injured explosive player.

Jordan Chatman had one of the nicest plays of the game, a little baseline floater that was smooth as silk. And Fischer's reverse layup with his left was a thing of beauty.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote