View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 03:30 PM   #26
Coonass

Coonass is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERCougar View Post

My point is that the "leave charity to private organizations" folks often are just using this argument as an excuse to keep more of their money. The recent case in point is their use of their recent tax rebate checks. Republicans got what they wanted--more money in their pockets. What did they do with it? Spend it. I don't know of anyone who gave it to charity.
Just Curious ER about how much you gave last year in addition to your taxes to the government for social programs. I mean, did you give an extra couple thousand......maybe 5000 extra above your taxes as an earmark for poverty or your favorite social program. Far be it from me to tell you how to spend your money. If you didn't, then I guess you're voting with your feet. On the other hand, some of us just vote at the polls. Are you really going to trust your local bureaucrat to do the best thing for society. If so you really have some misplaced trust.

I guess if your answer is no to the above, you're proposal is no better than the argument of keeping it out of government.
Coonass is offline   Reply With Quote