Thread: In my opinion
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 03:19 PM   #62
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
BM inherited a good football team with a junior QB who would go on to be a 2nd round NFL pick. 6-6 was not a good job with that team. Or do you disagree?
I thought it was an adequate performance. John Beck was not a 2nd round draft pick when Bronco and staff inherited him. I think they should get some credit for how much he improved. I am quite confident that I could find posts from you and I about Beck strongly arguing that an NFL future was not in his cards up until he beat Patterson's Horned Frogs. Further, Bronco inherited a program that did not know how to win and his defensive talent was lacking. If he did anything his first year he changed the attitude of the players into believing they could win again.

I don't think that 6-6 is ever a good year for BYU, but considering the circumstances and issues I don't think he grossly underwhelmed.

Saying that the SDSU game was about as bad as I have seen any BYU team look. It appears that the game was what we might call a threshold.