Thread: Prof b-ball
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 04:44 PM   #11
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof-Bball View Post
I think this team is going to be pretty good. Much will depend on chemistry. I am anxious to see how the team is going adjust without having a post player be the central focus of the offense. Hopefully it doesnt take us too long to figure that out.

I really like the progress I have seen with Miles. He has a great motor and is one of the most fit guys on the team. Offensively I feel he has got a lot better. He takes his time and picks his spots well. He also has a pretty consistant 5-10 foot jumper with a high release point. Hopefully this will all transfer into game situations because we are really going to depend on him for a lot of minutes. Mcgreggor is a decent back up but nothing more than a backup.

I am not sure about Noah yet. He seems to have some skill but I dont know how much of an impact he will make this year. Having said that, I have only seen him a handful of times and hopefully he is able to shake of the mission rust and has a good year because we could use a second post scorer.

The guard situation is by far the most up in the air. I think Jimmer will start, but at what position? I know that Jimmer prefers point but I think the caches will probably wait and see how everyone plays even through the exhibition games to decide who the the starting pg and sg are. I would also suspect that either (Lloyd, Emery, or Abouo) will redshirt. Which one, I have no clue. That will probably not be decided untill after the exhibition games either.

My predicted starting lineup is as follows.

PG Jimmer
SG Emery
SF Lee
PF JT
C Miles

I think that Lloyd might redshirt

Obviously I could be way off on these but from what I have seen this is what I think.

PS hey Rocky how are you?

How has Emery looked in practice? Wrubell said Morgan made the most progress offseason. Do you agree? Which high school kids played pick up ball over the summer and who looked the best, Haws, Collinsworth, Harward, Davies, etc?
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote