View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 06:25 PM   #42
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I don't know any truly rich. The nicest spread I have been to is a doctor's, for a work conference. He actually has a guest house, tennis court, mini-soccer field, swimming pool, and conference center and running track on his property, which is the central of rich-dom here in Dallas. He is in the stratosphere as far as doctors, especially academic doctors. I think I looked up the property value on Zillow and it was something like 6 or 7 million. He's not truly rich, I don't think, but he's not hurting either.

The other well-off people I know are more like in FMCoug's league. Not rich by any stretch, but do very well and have lots of toys.
As a "high paid" lawyer you meet a lot of truly rich people. One thing that frustrates many lawyers is how much more learned and refined they regard themselves than the really rich to whom they are handmaidens and who pay them hundreds or even over $1,000 an hour.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote