View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 08:50 PM   #3
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
are back-biting women.

http://ldsliving.com/story/78969-lin...rd-awards-gown

It seems like most of the stories I hear of someone saying or doing something nasty to someone else in my ward involve a woman perpetrator.

Examples: woman bring dish for ward activity, made modifications to what was requested. Woman at church takes a look and throws it in the trash in front of said woman.

Another example. Member who recently reactivated after 20 years away from church. Goes to church regularly for a couple years, then gets serious cancer and is away for several months. Comes back to church and a woman makes a sarcastic comment about her attendance. Never came back.

Men are jerks and assholes too. But we usually don't say anything. We don't care that much. Maybe I'm wrong.

I believe a ward can only be as good as its women. If the women are tight, the ward is tight. If the women don't get along, the ward will have no social cohesion.

I can't imagine what it would be like to be a Mormon woman and not "fit the mold." You would get torn down so fast. Crabs in a barrel.
It doesn't help LDS women that the men get chastised a lot by the leaders but women are almost always told how great they are with very little critiquing of any kind. When it does happen, it has to come from one of the women speakers at General Conference, and even then it's very rare.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote