View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I've got Linsanity!

I've actually been following Jeremy Lin's career for a while. Since last year. I was talking to my buddy who played college ball, and whom I play pickup with, that there are no Asian-Americans in the NBA. And he said "what about Jeremy Lin?" So I googled him up and started keeping track of him.

I guess it was Dallas summer league last year, did well. Then Golden State, some league time, and some D-league time. Then cut by GS before this season, went to the Rockets, and now to the Knicks, and BOOM! I may have some details wrong...

We knew he was good, but we didn't know if he would get a chance to really shine. Honestly, I haven't even seen him play yet, because I never saw a Golden State game last year while he was on the team (he was not getting much in the way of minutes anyway). And I haven't seen a Knicks game yet.

But that changes tonight. Lakers vs. Knicks at MSG on ESPN.

Here's a very nice article on SI. Kid wasn't even offered a scholie at a decent basketball school despite being very good. It's another example of how hard it is to look past a person's appearance, and be able to see the inherent value of the person.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote