Thread: Nice win Utah
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #52
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
If BYU goes up and beats an 11-0 or 10-1 Utah team in a runaway you can color me suprised. The last time that game ended in a blowout was 2004 and before then I can't remember when it was by more than a touchdown.

So, if BYU wins in a blowout it'll be the first time in a long time, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it given the recent history.
I will be surprised as well, but not if Utahs offense plays like that early on again, turning the ball over and giving BYU short fields. Against UNLV, AFA, Oregon State Utah's offense has turned the ball over early giving their opposition short fields to work with.

That should be a concern because while BYU's defense has shown they will give up yardage here and there, they have proven thus far to be ballhawks causing turnovers, and usually in quick succession. And before you know it,,,,the game is already over.

Then again BYU's offense played completely un-inspired last night as well, after they were already up 24-0 with 2 min left in the 1st quarter and having already caused 3 turnovers.