View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #9
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I long ago said that if this is in fact the church's "Gettysburg," then it would be worth losing the church's non-profit status over.

Losing that non-profit status would be a huge financial hit on members, but more importantly, on the church itself. There would then be less money for missions, temples, buildings, activity budgets, etc.

Imagine the property tax bill.

I have my opinion on whether the gay marriage fight in California (which incidentally still allows civil unions) is worth this cost.

The die has been cast. We will see how it plays out.
This is like expecting people to start a revolution if they really believe abortion is killing babies. It's not that they don't believe, it's that you're asking too much of humans. Mormons don't truly live what they believe, but they're human and are more worried about their stomachs than innocent victims, or abstract principle, like the French, or even more starkly, like the German people in the 1930's to 1945, like all humans.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote