View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 02:18 PM   #10
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
I don't know if I was right or not, but Bear Stearns announced in the last couple of days it has a hedge fund that will not be honoring redemptions. I guess the fund is in trouble.

You hand young Harvard MBA's 90 million dollars and say, see what you can do. What do you expect.

Disclaimor: I don't know for a fact they were Harvard MBA's or in their 20's. I do know though John Edwards got paid to advise hedge funds and Chelsea Clinton works for a hedge fund.
Bear Stearns has been in trouble very a while. The market would have adjusted for it months ago.

I agree hedge funds cause a lot of trouble. I know someone who works for one, and the way he describes it is pretty crazy. Pretty fun job but pretty crazy stuff. 30 or so high powered guys--not so much Harvard MBA's but PhD's in various subjects especially math with some computer programmers and MBA's mixed in all sitting together in a big room hammering stuff out, no offices or cubes or anything. Crazy environment compared to what I'm used to at least.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote