View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 11:51 PM   #3
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think Team Creekster would be much good for drafting on either the tandem or the triple. On the tandem we could probably jackrabbit out for 20-30 miles, but that would be it. The triple acclereates very slowly, sort of like a ship. Once rolling you hope no one gets in the way, but I am not sure if it would be good leading a paceline becasue it isn't easy to regulate the speed closely on varying terrain. In any event, it is fun.

I understand your comments about the five year old, as my 8 year old said one of the coolest things about the triple is that when he was tired he quit pedaling but, becasue he was clipped, he still kept pedaling. That's alright, however, as I didn't really expect too much help from him.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if out triple is a beast, it sounds like your set up must be a monster! 15 feet?!? The triple is about 10.5 feet and I can't fathom adding 4.5 more. You should get a steamwhistle and make them lower the signal arms when you cross the street.

If you bring your triple to Solvang, however, we may be able to keep up with you.

Creekster.
creekster is offline   Reply With Quote