View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 09:16 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I had made a post about Dalton Nixon and what that says about Rose's recruits. on Cougarboard. I got a 24 hour suspension for being too negative. That's against the board rules to be too negative. Not complaining. Just a different way to run a board.

In short, I have my doubts that Dalton Nixon can be a player who makes any kind of contribution. He's too slow to guard a 3 or 4. And he's too small to guard at the 4, given his level of strength and athleticism.

On the other hand I read an article on him, and he was a big contributor to a good team (Orem) for at least 3 years, maybe 4. He was like the district player of the year as a sophomore. Like first-team all-state for 2 years. Yet he strikes me as in a different league than most of the other players for BYU.

To me this is worrisome. Two years in a row Rose has taken a player that is highly suspect (Worthington and Nixon). That kid from the Carolinas who left the team...forgetting his name. LDS and black. Played the 2. Good athleticism, but very raw and not much of a shot. At least he had athleticism and could guard his position.

And I grant that Worthington looks marginally better this season. I like that he's a bulldog and plays hard.

But I'm not sure about this trend. This roster is short of stars or even potential stars (for BYU's standards).
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote