View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 05:29 PM   #16
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I'm not a huge baseball fan, but here's betting that most baseball players could do what you do, but that you couldn't hit a baseball coming in at 95 MPH even if you had suspended animation powers.
Baseball players are too lazy to do what I do through work.

Hitting a curveball is not the result solely of work, but a kinesthetic ability which I cannot acquire and have no desire to acquire.

I much prefer the hand eye coordination of tennis players or hockey players who incorporate both hand eye coordination and fitness.

I detest the lack of fitness in baseball. Any sport that could have Fernando Valenzuela as a star is no sport.

Sprinters are fun to watch but not much to admire. They don't have to work, as I mostly admire people who must work for what they have, but not those who only rely upon God's gift to them.

Now, Nolan Ryan and Roger Clemens have long careers because they work hard. That does not represent the bulk of baseball players.

Just because God gave you unnatural hand-eye coordination, I'm supposed to be impressed.

Look at a tennis player, they have incredible moving hand eye coordination but have to be able to move. Or a hockey player also needs fitness and physical toughness.

Baseball players who employ fitness routines will go further because so many rely simply upon natural abilities and don't have to work hard. So a sport that rewards loafers is not my cup of tea.