View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 09:56 PM   #6
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
UNC can run. But without Lawson we didn't see them really run. But I agree, playing back to back against a good team and a great team contributed to the lack of legs. Don't forget also the impact emotion can have also.

As far as the guard play I am not enthusiastic about any of them really. Murdock is adequate but I don't think much of Burgess. And from there it drops off. I cringe when Lloyd comes into the game. He's a turnover waiting to happen.

The fact that we hung with UNC with all of the fouls and TOs and the 6+ minutes without a FG is amazing. I think they handled the nerves for the most part until they all tried to get back into the game with one shot and went away from Plaisted. Ellington's 3 was the dagger. If that doesn't go in I think the Cougars make that game much more interesting than they did.

This is a good team. They should run the MWC and get at least one tourney win. I expect BYU to beat MSU decisively.
I'm a fan of Burgess because he defends well and is efficient. He doesn't score a lot because he doesn't shoot a lot but he does score when he shoots. I love that he gets his shots without taking shots from TP or JT. Murdock is the same at the PG spot. He is efficient, he defends, he doesn't have to detract from others to contribute. I think he is better than Ainge or Broadus last year and Burgess is better than Rose/Balderson.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote