Thread: I am wuapinmon
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 05:11 AM   #1
wuapinmon

wuapinmon is on a distinguished road
Default I am wuapinmon

Hello,

I'm 35, Southern, convert at 17, mission to Costa Rica, married, 3 kids, PhD in Latin-American Lit, teach Spanish at Coker College in South Carolina.

I am a CUF member, but I was never here before the schism, and I barely posted on CB as "timsfriendmac."

I enjoy CUF quite a bit, and, as an outsider, I've noticed that many of them talk fondly, but conflictedly, about MikeWaters and his intellect and personality.

Since I had no dog in the fight/rift that occurred, I have been reading some of the postings on this forum, and think that the Cuffies are right......there's some serious intellectual power here.

I don't begin to know what happened between everyone....all I know is that I had a dream tonight that I should come here and post a message like this and see if there's some way that people can reconcile. I know in my own life that sometimes I've had to take the first step towards reconciliation, even though I felt I was right and justified and that the others had wronged me.

I hope this message is well-received....I don't know anyone here at all, nor do I really know anyone at CUF....I just felt impressed (by what, I can't say) to come here and say this.

I will post from time to time, and I look forward to contributing to your conversations.
wuapinmon is offline   Reply With Quote