View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 05:18 PM   #27
Tim

Tim is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Tim Send a message via MSN to Tim

Where were you stationed? Were you assigned to an LDS Chaplain? I've heard great things about the Chaplain Corps.

Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHippieUTE
Chaplain's Assistant (you have to have a PHD or Masters in something chaplain related to be a Mormon chaplain), enlisted, E-4. I was in for about 8 years as a reservist only did minimal active duty. Never mobilized for a combat operation.

I'd still be in (maybe) if I hadden't gotten sick and then fat. I was sitting in an E-7 slot with every option I could have wanted spread out before me. Unfortunately, I was frozen at E-4 and non-deployable because I didn't meet the height/weight requirements (nevermind that I could spank half of the unit at the PT test). I went from a svelt 180 - 240 and then on to 280 in a very short time. The Army doesn't really have a program for people who have developed a medical condition that makes them fat and lazy so there was nothing they could do for me.

When my favorite chaplain hung up his boots & cross that was the last straw. I finished out my contract and called it quits.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote