View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 12:58 AM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Was Lehi wealthy?

1 Nephi 3
Quote:
16 Wherefore, let us be faithful in keeping the commandments of the Lord; therefore let us go down to the land of our father’s ainheritance, for behold he left gold and silver, and all manner of riches. And all this he hath done because of the bcommandments of the Lord.
And then the description that Lehi's wealth was so great as to cause Laban, who was very wealthy, to lust after it.

Was Laban wealthy? There is no question that Laban was wealthy and powerful.

1 Nephi 3
Quote:
25 And it came to pass that when Laban saw our property, and that it was exceedingly great, he did alust after it, insomuch that he thrust us out, and sent his servants to slay us, that he might obtain our property.
Quote:
31 And after the angel had departed, Laman and Lemuel again began to amurmur, saying: How is it possible that the Lord will deliver Laban into our hands? Behold, he is a mighty man, and he can command fifty, yea, even he can slay fifty; then why not us?
1 Nephi 4
Quote:
1 And it came to pass that I spake unto my brethren, saying: Let us go up again unto Jerusalem, and let us be afaithful in keeping the commandments of the Lord; for behold he is mightier than all the earth, then why not bmightier than Laban and his fifty, yea, or even than his tens of thousands?
Quote:
20 And after I had done this, I went forth unto the treasury of Laban. And as I went forth towards the treasury of Laban, behold, I saw the aservant of Laban who had the keys of the treasury. And I commanded him in the voice of Laban, that he should go with me into the treasury.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote