Thread: Fly fishing
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 04:49 AM   #6
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by YardTime
I love to fly fish but I haven't done a ton of it. My skill level would probably be somewhere between beginner and intermediate. I moved here to Utah just a little over a year ago and I don't know the good fishing spots. Can anyone suggest a good place to go fly fishing? I hear the Provo river is actually pretty decent. True?
The Colorado River below Glen Canyon Dam is rated one of the top five or ten spots in the world. Go with a guide and you'll catch fish all day floating it. Meanwhile, the scenery is worth the trip by itself. This stretch of the Colorado has an interesting history told on plaques near theriver. It used to be swift, warm and muddy, and only suitable for cat fish and certainly not trout. With the dam the river became slow, cold and clear because the water now exits the dam at the lowest part of it where the temperature is low, and tightly controlled. Lo and behold, it became great fly fishing water.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote