View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 07:36 PM   #20
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Trent was a perimeter player in high school who outscored everyone because he was the biggest player on the court who was also the best athlete. He did not get to BYU as a basketball player, but came as a pure athlete. He was also a year younger as he graduated from HS early. As he has physically matured and grown comfortable playing under the basket he is demonstrating skills commensurate to his athleticism. I think he will bolt for the NBA after this year if he keeps playing this well, however I think he needs another year at the college level to develop more of a polished perimeter game. I don't think he will be a back to the basket player at the next level.
I don't expect him to bolt for the NBA. I think there is one or two guys every year that make him painfully aware that he is not ready for the NBA. Instead, I expect he will continue to develop and will have a shot at the next level later. It is important to remember that he is still young enough to not feel the NBA rush. I too project him as an NBA 4 so he needs to develop range.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote