View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 04:29 PM   #33
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I made my statement with the data I had. Given that we have no numbers on LDS voting patterns (and you have offered to provide none), it seems pointless to talk about it.
Your statement isn't supportable with the data you had. It isn't my point you now feel it is pointless to talk about it. It is your statement.

Quote:
And as Indy and Pad have both pointed out, it's a pretty bad analogy to begin with. And it isn't a bad analogy, it just doesn't help you.
How about just campaign stops in Utah in general then?

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,685192955,00.html

Clinton also campaigned in Utah in 1992, despite the fact that he finished 3rd there and never had a chance to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Reagan's percentage of the black vote also decreased from 1980 to 1984, an election in which he absolutely demolished the man that 91% of blacks voted for. I'm no Michael Barone, so I can't comment on why the minor shifts in numbers from election to election over 30 years have happened. The point is made, though, that they vote with solidarity not seen in any other race, and practically any other demographic.
A bit of a revision from your earlier statements. Good to see you concede the issue.

Quote:
Breaking away from numbers for a while, let's keep in mind that Bush has elevated blacks to some of the highest offices in the land, including two secretaries of state in a row. The only black man on the Supreme Court was appointed by a Republican.
I am not criticizing them for those efforts. I am criticizing them for what they have not done.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote