View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
wuapinmon

wuapinmon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I agree that there are times that people should be allowed to fail.

Doesn't mean that I want failure.

There is such thing as trying and not trying.

Maybe you are depressed, and this prevents you from answering phone calls. Ok. Does that mean we cancel summer camp for the boys, for example?

So you don't like the people you are called to work with. Does that excuse passive-aggressive behavior where you don't do your job?

I'm venting a little bit.

Most of the times, in such cases, the best thing is to approach the person who is failing in their calling (and often failing in life in general) and try to gently investigate and provide support.
Agreed, completely. When your problems spill over into ruining things for other people, like summer camp, or being a jerk on the phone when the ward clerk calls the EQP for numbers and you don't have them yet, and he gets all angry and yells at you that it's not his job, and you find out his mom is in the hospital, but you still think he's a dick, because when your dad died you weren't a dick, you probably should let someone in the bishopric know that you're struggling.

You also have the issue of someone asking to be released, and the bishop telling them no.
wuapinmon is offline   Reply With Quote